The cosmetics markets for skin care saturated with products that give results and others that do not meet expectations. Also, it is full of expensive items beyond the reach of the average customer. Then we will know the homemade and equally effective alternatives of cleansing face masks, which you can make at home.
The homemade cleansing face masks can reverse the following and main problems suffered by the skin:
Get Rid Of Grains And Pimples On The Skin
The pimples are the result of the accumulation of fat in the pores by the excessive production of sebum. These usually manifest as black spots resulting from dead skin and dirt from the environment.
Sebum will harden and begin to enlarge the pore between dust and other environmental waste and dead cells, have.
It usually happens that the pimples grow so much that the pore takes a long time to recover its natural size, leaving a permanent scar if the tissue suffers a lot.
Get Rid Of Enlarged Pores
The pores are microscopic holes in the skin through which it expels sweat and its natural oils. Each one has at the root a small sebaceous gland that produces sebum, natural lubricating oil of the skin.
The pores will enlarge if the sebaceous glands do not work correctly. They will start to look like unsightly irregularities. The production of sebum will be balanced, and they will be kept free of impurities, dead skin and bacteria.
Removes Wrinkles And Fine Lines
The skin loses its natural collagen over the years and with it its ability to regenerate, natural degeneration that will accelerate causing wrinkles and premature expression lines if it also does not produce enough sebum.
Collagen is one of the primary structural substances of skin cells.
Drinking enough water, avoid exposing the skin to environmental factors such as sunlight and using ingredients that help cells seal their moisture, are the best methods to combat the signs of aging.
What Causes Oily Skin And Dry Skin?
Numerous causes of excessive or little sebum production are known to impair the appearance of the skin. If too much produced, it will look greasy; otherwise, it will be resected.
Hormonal causes, food, environmental pollution, dehydration, stress, and cold, are factors that imbalance the production of sebum.
What you have to do if you suffer from these conditions is to identify which of these is responsible for the sebaceous glands not working correctly.
Although an endocrinologist or dermatologist will help you in this regard, recognizing that you have a sedentary life with a poor diet, will be a start to pinpoint the cause of the problem.
Let’s know the three main factors of dry skin.
- A lot of heat or a dry environment
- The inability to retain skin moisture
How Often Should I Use A Mask?
Ideally, you can use once or twice a week. Which one you will use is depending on the problem that your skin has, although it is not recommended always to use it.
There are several functions of a mask, but usually, include:
Deep Cleansing Of The Pores:
This will achieve with astringent ingredients such as vinegar, cucumber, tea tree oil, and acetylsalicylic acid. It is not ruled out that astringents irritate and further dry the skin, so its use will not exaggerate.
Choose ingredients with a high content of vegetable oils. Avocado, argan oil, coconut oil, olive oil, and aloe vera, among others, help cells to seal moisture.
The exfoliating ingredients have tiny irregularities that act like soft sandpaper, remove impurities and dead skin. The sugar, oats, and coffee left in the filter of the coffee maker are alternatives.
Balances Sebum Production:
The ideal ingredients to balance sebum production depend on your skin type; if it is dry or oily. Astringents and moisturizers are good alternatives for oily and dry skin, respectively.
Clarifies And Unifies Skin Tone:
Result will achieve with baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and vitamin C. You must be careful with these ingredients because they can stain and irritate your skin.
In addition to all of the above, always give the nutrients that the skin needs to be healthy.
Cleansing Face Masks
Egg White, Lemon, And Coffee Cleansing Face Mask
It combines the nutritional properties of egg white, abundant in vitamins A, D, B2, and B12, minerals such as selenium, iodine and in carotenoids such as lutein. Add the astringent and clarifying power of lemon and the gentle antioxidant exfoliation of coffee.
- One egg white
- Juice of half a lemon
- One tablespoon of coffee left over in the filter
Preparation & Use
- Place the egg white without traces of yolk in a small container.
- Add coffee and mix.
- Add the lemon, stir again and apply to the face immediately with a brush or fingers.
- Massage gently so that the coffee removes the outer layer of dirt and dead cells.
- Exfoliate for 120 or 180 seconds.
- Leave on the mask for five more minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and dry the face with a soft towel.
- Then apply a moisturizer based on your skin type.
This mask can use at night or when you do not go out. Lemon may stain the skin when receiving sunlight.
Benefits: Nourishes, cleanses, exfoliates, unifies and protects against free radicals.
Banana, Oats, And Aspirin Cleansing Face Mask
The banana is rich in potassium and moisturizes the skin. Oatmeal is nutritious and an exfoliant widely used in homemade masks. Aspirin acetylsalicylic acid is an astringent balancing agent that helps to control the production of sebum.
- One aspirin
- ¼ ripe banana
- One tablespoon of raw instant oats
Preparation & Use
- Make the aspirin powder and place it in a small container.
- Add the banana and mash it until it integrated into it.
- Do not add the oats until you are about to apply the mask so that it does not get wet and lose its exfoliating property.
- Place it on the face with a spoon or with the fingers of the hands and make an exfoliating massage with soft and circular movements for two or three minutes.
- Let the mask act a little longer and rinse with warm water.
- Apply it at night and moisturize the skin after rinsing.
- If you have fat, supplement the mask with a moisturizing gel and not with cream.
Benefits: Nourishes, exfoliates and balances.
Oatmeal, Yogurt And Lemon Cleansing Face Mask
Ideal mask for mixed skin because in addition to exfoliate, nourish and clean, balances the production of sebum, unifies the tone of the face and moisturizes. Yogurt adds very beneficial yeasts.
- Juice of half a lemon
- One spoonful of Greek yogurt without sugar
- Two tablespoons of raw instant oats
Preparation & Use
- Combine the ingredients and mix them.
- Immediately apply the mask with a gentle exfoliating massage for two or three minutes.
- Rinse and dry the face thoroughly.
- Wait two or three minutes to use the moisturizer you usually use.
- Apply the mask at night or when you no longer have to expose yourself to sunlight.
Benefits: Exfoliate, nourish and clean.
These are examples of masks that will work for your skin type. You can create your combinations according to your skin needs.
Photo credit: Pixabay