We should consider this shake as a complement to the diet and not base our diet on it, as it does not have enough nutrients to cover our daily needs. Remember that the approval of the doctor is always advisable before introducing any change in the diet.
Have you ever tried the papaya and oatmeal smoothie? With the preparation that we will discuss in this article, not only will you receive an important amount of nutrients for the wellbeing of the organism, but also you will be able to reduce inflammation of the belly and eliminate waste from the colon.
The colon plays a central role in our digestive process; It is responsible for eliminating toxins that the body does not need and also has the function of absorbing water and sodium to maintain the balance of electrolytes. Although it has the ability to purify itself during the elimination of waste, it is sometimes overloaded and has difficulties in fulfilling its functions. As a result, large amounts of waste accumulate, which, not being expelled, travel through the blood to reach the body’s cells.
Due to this, an alteration in the inflammatory processes of the organism is provoked and diseases of all kinds are originated. Fortunately, there are natural solutions that can help us cleanse the colon to restore its functions before more serious disorders arise. On this occasion, we want to share the recipe for a delicious papaya and oatmeal shake whose nutrients support this task while deflating the belly. Ready to prepare it?
How to prepare the papaya and oatmeal smoothie?
The papaya and oat liquefy is a low-calorie drink that can be easily included in any type of diet. Usually, it is advised for detoxification in seven days, time in which the colon expels the excess waste.
However, it can be consumed in times of anxiety for food or whenever the belly looks too inflamed. Both ingredients are quite cheap and can be purchased at any supermarket or grocery store.
- A ¾ cup of papaya (105 g).
- The ½ cup of almond milk (125 ml).
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (2.5 g).
- ½ cup oat flakes (30 g).
- Ice (to taste).
- Cut the recommended amount of papaya, remove the peel and chop into several cubes.
- Put in the blender and add the milk of almonds, oats and cinnamon.
- Process everything for a few moments until you get a homogeneous drink without lumps.
- Add a little ice, beat a little more and serve freshly made.
- The portions of this recipe can be divided into two servings a day.
- Eat one of the portions fasting and take the other when you feel anxiety mid-morning or afternoon.
- You should not consume it as a substitute for breakfast, because it does not have the nutrients that are required early in the day. What you can do is include it in this meal, either accompanied by cookies, egg or sandwiches.
- Take it for 7 days in a row and repeat the process every three months.
- Consult your doctor before starting your intake, to avoid possible adverse reactions.
Tips for better results
So that the cleaning of the colon is effective, it accompanies the consumption of this shake with an increase in the daily water intake. Make sure you drink between 6 and 8 glasses a day. In addition, during the 7 days of detoxification, it increases the consumption of fruits and vegetables and reduces saturated fats, sugars and flours. If after this time the inflammation of the belly persists, consult the doctor.
Lastly, keep in mind that this drink is a supplement to food and should not be used as a basis for the diet. Plan a balanced menu, in which all the nutrient groups are included and in the appropriate portions.
- Cleans your arteries and eliminates cholesterol
- It gives you great doses of energy
- It eliminates any type of gastric lesions
- Combats tiredness and stress
- Detoxify your organism
- Lower your blood sugar levels
- It is extremely effective for the health of your skin
- It reduces the risk of suffering any type of heart disease
Photo credit: Pixabay