You’ve probably heard and you know that a glass of warm lemon water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is very beneficial for you and your health in general. This drink is very easy to make, and it’s super healthy – just squeeze ½ lemon in a glass of warm water and that’s it. you should drink lemon water every day, because lemon juice is loaded with antioxidants, protein, vitamins B and C, flavonoids, phosphorus, potassium, carbohydrates and volatile oils. This super healthy juice has many properties, such as: antibacterial, antiviral and immune-building properties.
It will help you boost your immune system and fight infection due to high levels of bioflavonoids, pectin, limonene, citric acid, magnesium, calcium and vitamins. You should also know that a glass of warm lemon water on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning, will help you with other things, such as: flushes the system, aids digestion, fights hunger cravings, promotes weight loss and creates an alkaline-forming environment to balance the body’s pH. In this article we are going to show you 15 good reasons why you should drink glass of warm lemon water first thing in the morning – on and empty stomach.
15 Health Conditions Helped by Drinking Lemon Water in the Morning
- Helps Heal Acne
- You should drink lemon water every day, because this super healthy drink will help you metabolize the acidic temperament of the body alleviating and preventing acne breakouts. Or, you can use this method instead – just rub the juiced lemons on your face to help with acne.
- Appetite Suppression and Weight Loss
- As we said, the lemon juice is loaded with healthy nutrients. So, the vitamins and enzymes found in lemon juice will help you regulate your blood sugar levels, in order to maintain normal weight levels. Note: pectin fiber helps fight hunger cravings. You should also know that lemon juice works as a digestive aid. Actually, lemon juice encourages the production of bile, which is what breaks down food during digestion.
- Flushes Out Kidney Stones
- You should also know that lemon juice contains good amounts of potassium, which will help you increase the citrate levels in the urine to prevent oxalate from forming.
- Boosts your immune system
- This super healthy drink is a great support to the lymphatic system, which works in conjunction with your immune system to trap and eliminate pathogens.
- Gall Bladder Pain
- Some people and medical experts claim that drinking lemon water while eating has helped them deal with painful gall bladder stones.
- Cold and Flu Remedy
- We all know that lemon juice is loaded with vitamin C, which is a powerful natural antioxidant that enhances the immune system and has antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
- You can use this super healthy drink to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. You will notice the results just after 2 weeks.
- Harder Finger Nails
- Many people claim that drinking lemon water on empty stomach, immediately after they wake up, has increased the hardness of nails and cleared up white spots seen on them.
- Fights Off Food-Borne Illnesses
- Note: this simple trick is very useful and helpful when you are traveling. You should drink lemon water to avoid food poisoning. One of our readers said that she suffered compressed vertebrae, so the doctors were surprised that she was in less pain than is normal. She says that lemon water helped her.
- Helps Deal with Fibromyalgia
- You should combine lemon water and yoga stretches, because it helps a reader deal with exhaustion due to fibromyalgia.
- Reduces Inflammation
- As we mentioned before, lemon juice has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which means that lemon water can help you neutralize acidity which is the main cause of tissue inflammation.
- Relieves Sore Muscles After Exercise
- You should squeeze a lemon into a glass of warm water and drink it after exercising. It will help you relieve sore muscles and help you relax.
- Reduces Joint Swelling and Pain
- You should also know that lemon water can help reduce uric acid in our joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation, especially as related to arthritis.
- Reduces Alcohol Cravings
- Some people think that drinking lemon water in the morning on an empty stomach helped them kick a craving for alcohol.
- Helps with Colitis
- What’s colitis? Well, colitis is an imbalance of acid/alkaline levels in the body so it’s no wonder that lemons can help with this. So, you should drink a glass of warm lemon water every day on an empty stomach, because it will bring your pH levels back into balance and reduce acidity.
As you can see, just one glass of lemon water in the morning can improve your health significantly. It will help you lose weight much faster, boost your immune system, cleanse your kidneys, help you with sore throat, reduces inflammation, helps with colitis and many other health benefits. This is why you should start drinking lemon water in the morning, on empty stomach – immediately after you wake up.