If ever you are planning for dieting, remember, it is significant to proceed with gradually. Such an approach gives long term results and hence recommended strongly. You must not run to achieve instant results.
Agreed quick diet plan give instant result, but not always long term results. You have to be wise enough before choosing any diet plan. It is significant your diet plan must provide you enough vitamins, crucial carbohydrate ratio, protein and various other needed nutrients.
No doubt that losing weight in a slow manner in indeed safest way because you do not end up gaining back soon. Plus you end up maintaining an ideal weight! But we understand that sometimes, it is an urgent thing to lose your weight soon. For the purpose we shall introduce you with Papaya Diet Plan for weight loss.
Good thing is that it is indeed a safest plan to shed those extra pounds from your body. It has brought significant outcomes for many folks; hope you could also face such crucial results. It is considered safe because of the reason it involves nutritious fruit which has crucial vitamins and other nutrients.
Always keep a watch how your body reacts to your diet plan. If by any chance you have any doubt or question in your mind, best is to consult your nutritionist or your doctor.
Papaya diet for weight loss is indeed very restrictive. You must follow it for three days and will finish up on the third day. Be careful about how you proceed with this. Papaya will be very beneficial to your body for these three days as it detoxifies your body along with the burning of fat.
How To Consume Papaya For Weight Loss
- Papaya can be eaten raw. You just need to slice it into small cubes. It is recommended to consume papaya along with some other food as it works best when taken with fat.
- Your breakfast can become more delicious and at the same time nutritious if you prepare a papaya smoothie. Preparation of the smoothie is very easy and time-saving. Just mix the mashed papaya with milk, yogurt or juice. You can also add your favorite fruit to it. If you wish to thicken the smoothie, you can add a banana too.
- You may try out something new by preparing a fruit salad with ripe papaya. Cut cubes of papaya and other preferred fruits of your choice along with some powdered spices.
Though papaya helps to lose weight, you don’t want to eat just papaya! Here is an easy papaya diet chart that tells you the time and the quantity of papaya you should consume.
Papaya Diet Plan
Follow this diet chart 3 days a week for 4 weeks. If you want to tweak this diet chart, make sure to have 2 servings of papaya per day, include nutritious veggies, fruits, natural drinks, and avoid junk food. Here is a sample papaya diet plan.
|Meals||What To Consume|
|Early Morning (7:00 – 7:45 a.m)||Options:1 cup green tea1 cup warm water with ½ lime juice|
|Breakfast (8:00 – 8:43 a.m)||Options:1 boiled egg + 1 cup papaya smoothie1 multigrain toast with peanut butter + ½ cup papaya|
|Lunch (12:00 – 12:30 p.m)||Options:1 Mushroom/chicken/tuna sandwich + ½ cup yogurt½ cup kidney bean chilli + ½ cup cucumber and tomato salad + 1 cup buttermilk|
|Post Lunch (3:30 – 4:00 p.m)||1 cup papaya|
|Dinner (7:00 – 7:30 p.m)||Options:Grilled salmon / chicken with veggiesCabbage/lentil soup + 1 multigrain toast|
Why This Works
Green tea promotes weight loss by suppressing appetite and increasing the metabolic rate. You can also flush out the toxins by drinking warm water and lime juice in the morning. Include papaya in your breakfast along with a good source of protein and healthy fat. Have a healthy lunch containing protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. Yogurt and buttermilk are loaded with good gut bacteria that ensure proper digestion. Have a cup of papaya post lunch; it will keep you full until dinner. Grilled chicken, salmon, and lentil soup are rich in protein, veggies and multigrain toast is loaded with complex carbs and dietary fiber.
Read more: Grapefruit Diet
If you are allergic or do not like to eat a certain food listed in the diet chart, take a look at the food substitutes section below.
- Green tea – Herbal/ black tea
- Lime juice – Apple cider vinegar
- Boiled egg- Scrambled egg or 1 cup milk
- Multigrain bread- Wheat bread
- Peanut butter – Sunflower seed butter
- Mushroom- Tofu
- Chicken- Ground turkey
- Tuna- Mackerel
- Yogurt – Sour cream
- Kidney bean – Garbanzo beans
- Cucumber – Carrot
- Tomato – Beetroot
- Buttermilk – Coconut water
- Salmon – Tuna
- Cabbage soup – Tomato soup
- Lentil soup – Mushroom clear soup
Foods To Eat
- Veggies – Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, spinach, swiss chard, zucchini, bell pepper, Chinese cabbage, bok choy, green chili, bottle gourd, bitter gourd, snake gourd, okra, eggplant, radish, turnip, beetroot, carrot, sweet potato, radish greens, collard greens, and green beans.
- Fruits – Papaya, apple, grapes, grapefruit, lime, lemon, orange, plum, pear, peach, pluot, figs, blueberry, strawberry, starfruit, green apple, watermelon, and muskmelon.
- Fats & Oils – Olive oil, rice bran oil, hemp seed oil, and ghee (clarified butter).
- Seeds & Nuts – Macadamia nuts, pistachios, almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and hazelnuts.
- Beverages – Coconut water, buttermilk, fresh fruit juice, and vegetable juice.
- Herbs & Spices – Cilantro, oregano, dill, rosemary, thyme, clove, cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, nutmeg, black pepper, star anise, cayenne pepper, saffron, cumin powder, coriander powder, fennel seeds, and fenugreek seeds.
Foods To Avoid
- Veggies – Potato and pumpkin
- Fruits – Mango and jackfruit
- Fats & Oils – Animal fat, butter, mayonnaise, ranch, canola oil, and vegetable oil
- Seeds & Nuts – Cashew nuts
- Beverages – Aerated drinks, artificially sweetened drinks, packaged fruit juices, and alcohol
Health Benefits Of Papaya
- Papaya prevents the oxidation of cholesterol and therefore protects from dangerous diseases like diabetic heart disease and atherosclerosis.
- Enzymes present in papayas such as chymopapain and papain has anti-inflammatory properties and supports healing wounds and burns.
- Vitamins A and C present in papaya helps in boosting the immune system.
- Papaya also protects against macular degeneration.
- Vitamin C rich papaya helps protect against rheumatoid arthritis.
- Papaya reduces the risk of colon and prostate cancer.
This is all about papaya and weight loss! If you want to live a disease-free life and of course, lose the extra fat, you should start this papaya diet today. Papayas are not only easily available in the market, but they are also cheap, filling, and offer countless health benefits.
Photo credit: Pixabay